The following is a coherent, comprehensive timeline of the entire (so far) timeline of the Lego Extended Universe, created by TK-117. It will grow as more stories are released.
This universe was created as a way to connect a bunch of Lego Themes, such as City, Monster Fighters, Adventurers, Atlantis, Power Miners, and Pharaoh's Quest, and there are more. There are some significant differences to some themes, such as Johnny Thunder's adventures taking place in modern times.
Circa 14 billion years ago
- The universe is created by the Dark Guardians.
Circa 65 million years ago
- An object crashes into the Earth, wiping out the dinosaurs. However, it was not a meteor as scientists many years later suspected, but a device launched into known space by the Dark Guardians in order to kill off the dinosaurs. Said device also holds the cells that will allow humans to evolve around 61 million years from now.
Circa 3000 B.C.
- The Monster Realms are created by the Dark Guardians to hold purely evil monster-type beings, and each one contains a Moonstone that keeps the evil at bay, each of which contains a power too great for mankind to hold.
Circa 360 B.C.
- Extraterrestrial beings come down to Earth, and abduct the Golden King of Atlantis, rendering the city unprotected. The beings then sink it.
- The Dark Guardians proceed to corrupt the city with darkness and sea creature abominations in order to guard the city. The guardians then get the king back from the aliens, and hold him prisoner.
Circa 430 A.D.
- The Hypaxxus race of aliens visit Earth for the second time.
- Egyptian King Amset-Ra sees the beings in the sky, and thinking they are gods, manually summons them to assist him in creating the Six Treasures.
Before 20th Century
- Lord Vampyre is born in Transylvania.
- Crown Kingdom is founded, and led by the Crown King Josiah Merrick. The defense forces, known as the Crown Knights, are also established this year.
- One of King Merrick's top advisers, Salm Mallock, encounters a dark cave, and heads into it with nothing but a torch. There, he is possessed by the consciousness of the Dark Guardians, who saw the dark potential within him since he was a child.
- Salm Mallock is converted into a wizard of the dark arts, with powers granted to him by the Dark Guardians.
- Mallock establishes his base of operations in the often-avoided Barren Wastelands, once the sight of a mass grave, with skeletons still under the ground.
- Mallock uses the landscape to his advantage to revive the dead, and he creates a skeleton army.
- The Crown-Skeleton War ends after three years of fighting.
- A portrait of warlord Sir Henry Brighting is created.
- A small team of Insectoids arrive at Earth, in London, and kill several lamb in order to study Earth and find a new potential food source. This was their first time here.
- Pirate Jack Edwards, captain of the Black Seas Barracuda, engages in a skirmish with British soldiers. The British ships are raided by Edwards' pirates.
- Edwards begins his campaign to loot British and French army outposts. Most of these attempts prove successful. Edwards eventually builds up his fortune, stowing it away on Albatross Island.
- The Black Seas Barracuda is run aground after attempting to escape British Imperial warships.
- The Barracuda is seized by the British and the soldiers do a full sweep-down of the ship. They arrest a total of 74 pirates. All except for one: Jack Edwards.
- The Declaration of Independence is signed, officially freeing the United States of America from British rule.
- One of the Moonstones (one that controls people's minds) is ejected from its Realm for unknown reasons, and it lands in Maryland, where actor John Wilkes Booth comes across it.
- Booth comes under the stone's influence, and he is motivated (by the stone) to assassinate the then-current President Abraham Lincoln.
- Adolf Hitler is born in Austria-Hungary
- Archibald Hale is born to a German-American family in Massachusetts, where he later attended Harvard University.
- Jake Raines is born in New York.
- Mac McCloud is born in Scotland.
- The cursed structure in South America is damned, and is set to open up in 100 years' time.
- Artimus Rhodes discovers a pyramid-map to the mythical city of Atlantis. The map was discovered on the shores of Mexico.
- Rhodes sets sail to discover Atlantis.
- Artimus begins his descent towards the lost city.
- Artimus is captured by mysterious underwater creatures and promptly rescued by his assistant and future wife, Samantha Morris.
- Samantha Morris-Rhodes writes in the Artimus' journal for the second-to-last time.
- Jake Raines and his affiliates (Mac McCloud, Helena Skvalling, and Archibald Hale) discover the tomb of Amset-Ra, an ancient Egyptian king.
- Amset-Ra is killed via being blown into pieces and getting scattered in the Egyptian desert.
- World War II begins with the Nazi invasion of Poland.
- The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor occurs, killing 2,403, including Mac McCloud, who was working as an engineer on the USS Arizona.
- Nazi Germany signs an unconditional surrender at the Allied headquarters in Reims, France, putting an end to the totalitarian regime.
- On the same day, and for about a week after, the fortune of Adolf Hitler is effectively scattered around the world, under the orders of General Ernst Karlsen.
- World War II comes to an end after six years of fighting.
- Operation Paperclip, commonly regarded as the precursor to Project MKULTRA, is informally put into action.
- President Harry S. Truman officially approves Operation Paperclip.
- Charles Edward Kilroy is born in England.
- Project MKULTRA, headed by Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, begins on the orders of CIA Director Allen Welsh Dulles.
- Joseph Thunder is born in Australia.
- Martha Freeman is born in America.
- Rodney Rathbone is born.
- The CIA and US Department of Defense initiate Project MKOFTEN, a partner project of MKULTRA. MKOFTEN was created after a South America occultist and dark arts specialist whom the government had been in contact with for some time informed the government of brief contact with so-called "Dark Guardians".
- John Davidson is born.
- Samuel Bains is born.
- The massive underground mausoleum city of Emperor Qin Shi Huang is discovered by a group of Chinese villagers. Further excavations are attempted later that year but the dangerous levels of mercury in the water halt the efforts.
- Archibald Hale dies of old age.
- Mark Hill is born.
- Rodney Rathbone joins the British Armed Forces.
- Rathbone loses his right leg during the Falklands War.
- John "Johnny" Samuel Grant Thunder is born in Sydney, Australia.
- Shortly after the birth, Johnny's mother, Martha, dies.
- The Montauk Project is initiated at the Montauk Air Force Station at Montauk, Long Island, New York.
- Greg Hughes is born.
- Samantha Artesia Rhodes, granddaughter of Artimus Rhodes, is born.
- James Barron is born.
- Rodney Rathbone joins the British SAS about 5 years after joining the UK Armed Forces.
- Christopher Myers is born in Chicago, Illinois.
- Josh Thunder is born to the sister of Martha Freeman.
- Samantha Rhodes' mother, Samantha Morris-Rhodes, writes in her husband's journal for the final time.
- Johnny's father, Joseph sets off on an expedition that he never returns from. Shortly before, he sends a letter to his old acquaintance, Charles Kilroy, to pick up Johnny.
- Johnny Thunder starts his life in America living with Professor Kilroy.
- Christopher Myers' father, a member of the Chicago Police Department, is killed in a shootout.
- An ambitious and rogue scuba diver from Aquazone discovers the lost city of Atlantis. However, before he can report anything, he is killed by the malevolent creatures residing there.
- Johnny, at age 13, begins working as an intern at Prof. Kilroy's museum in Lego City.
- Johnny has his first encounter with the world of treasure, as he discovers what appears to be a map in the portrait of Sir Henry Brighting.
Sometime between 1998 and 2007
- Prof. Kilroy retires as the primary curator of the museum.
- The 9/11 terrorist attacks occur, along with the Pentagon attack after a number of planes are hijacked by Middle Eastern terrorists. 2,996 Americans are killed this day, and the world is changed forever. Rumors and theories later spur that the World Trade Center destruction was a government-controlled demolition.
- Jake Raines passes away at the age of 97.
- Johnny Thunder is among the hundreds of people who attend the explorer's funeral, as Raines was a hero to Thunder when he was a child.
- At the age of 24, Johnny Thunder becomes the head curator of Charles Kilroy's museum, as the Professor has retired.
- The 2008 Lego City museum heist occurs, the idea of which was concocted by Johnny's later nemesis, Samuel "Sinister" Bains.
- Johnny Thunder tracks down what Bains stole and chases the crook down, finding the lost city of El Dorado.
- Samantha Rhodes discovers her grandfather's journal, and does a couple of years of research on the lost underwater city of Atlantis.
- John Davidson (R) is elected as the 44th President-elect of the United States.
- John Davidson is inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States
- Several of Earth's cities are devastated by catastrophic deep-underground rumblings, and a team is commissioned by the United States government to investigate the rumblings. The team is labeled as US-AEF-01.
- The team, known as the Power Miners, make their first descent underground after 12 days of preparation time.
- They discover huge caverns of crystals. However, alongside these crystals are scientific anomalies: Small, rock-like creatures that evolved thousands of feet underground for years without people knowing. They are hostile toward humans. The two factions do battle for a year.
- Samantha Rhodes approaches an underwater salvage crew and hires them to hunt for the city of Atlantis alongside her.
- The Power Miners travel deeper underground, encountering lava and worse creatures.
- The lost city of Atlantis is finally discovered after being hidden away for thousands of years, and the powers of the Dark Guardians are temporarily thwarted when the king is returned to his rightful place.
- The threat of Rock Monsters is deterred by huge dynamite charges set off by the Power Miners crew. However, only two members of the team make it out alive: John "Brains" Branson and Robert "Rex" Keller.
Sometime between 1934 and 2011
- The treasures of Pharaoh Amset-Ra are seized by the Alien Commander.
- Further explorations of Atlantis are conducted, but salvage team member Bobby Buoy is fatally attacked by one of the city's hostile creatures.
- Buoy's space on the team is filled by former Power Miners crew member John "Brains" Branson. His joining of the team puts them on the eye of the government, who label them US-AEF-02.
- The Golden King of Atlantis, returned to his rightful place by the salvage crew, is again abducted by the aliens, who try to use his trident (and Amset-Ra's treasures') power to conquer the world.
- Johnny Thunder obtains the famous Golden Owl while scouring the French countryside. The treasure is subsequently brought back to Lego City's museum.
- Upon his return to the museum, Dr. Kilroy informs Johnny of a new lead for treasure: the tomb of ancient Chinese Emperor Qin Shi Huang, which still hasn't been found after almost 40 years.
- Johnny, realizing this could put him on the map, hires a young reporter from the local World Magazine line of reading articles. Her name is Pippin Reed. Dr. Kilroy also joins in.
- The three hire a pilot who flies them to China on a cargo plane. However, the plane is sabotaged by one of Sam Sinister's henchmen, as Sinister intends to reach the tomb first.
- The Hypaxxus Invasion of Earth occurs.
- The ADU (Alien Defense Unit), known in the government as US-AEF-03, is formed as a deterrence to the aliens, and it ultimately works, forcing the beings to retreat.
- After the failure of their supposed world-domination, the aliens, having retreated, seek out the help of the Dark Guardians, who only give them one thing: The coordinates to an ancient monument in South America that was supposedly cursed in the early 1900s.
- Will Martin joins the Lego City Police Department, having already acted as a volunteer policeman in the aftermath of the alien invasion the previous year.
- Lord Vampyre, a powerful vampire 903 years young, at the request of his wife, searched far and wide for a mystical Moonstone, and eventually found one in Maryland that had been taken out of its respective Monster Realm.
- Selfishly, the vampire keeps it for himself, realizing its grand power to control people's minds could come in handy for him.
- The stone also "told" him via telepathic abilities that if six Moonstones were brought together, it would become nighttime forever, allowing monsters to roam free in the "regular" realm.
- Rodney Rathbone hears about these plans and puts together the Monster Fighters to combat the monsters. But, a government plane flying over the area picks up their conversation. The plane alerts a US military installation, who alert the Department of Defense. The DOD label the group as US-AEF-04.
- Lord Vampyre succeeds in his goal of uniting the moonstones, albeit temporarily. However, the short reunion sends a supernaturally-powered signal to a different antagonistic species of aliens millions of light-years away: the Insectoids, who had already been terrorizing Earth in secret for years with a very small team. The signal caused the full fleet to mobilize, though they wouldn't arrive until 2044.
- John Davidson is reelected as the President of the US.
- President Davidson is inaugurated as POTUS once again.
- Solomon Blaze is born.
- A heist occurs at the International Bank of Lego City, and Will Martin allegedly pulls a "stunt" during the ensuing police response.
- Michael Frederick, personal aide to Senator James Bratton, is killed in a freak car "accident" also injuring one person at the scene.
- Police officer Will Martin becomes suspicious of the death.
- Will officially starts his personal investigation into the case after searching the victim's name up on the internet, finding the man's political information.
- The Hypaxxus aliens finally discover the cursed monument in South America that they were looking for, and, conveniently for them, the 100-year old curse is about to end, freeing a swarm of dinosaurs.
- After a few days of managing to get the creatures to bend to their will, they send the dinos toward a nearby village to devastate it. However, an American jungle exploratory team, led by Josh Thunder, comes across the dinos, who kill everyone but Josh. Josh then makes it back to his contacts, who alert the US government of the returned dinosaurs. This brings in the formation of the team US-AEF-05, sent to kill the dinos.
- All of the dinos are finally captured and sent back to the US for professional research, ending yet another of the Hypaxxus' plans for good.
- A drastic increase of vehicle thefts plagues Lego City, and it's eventually revealed that the criminals of the city have teamed up to create a hidden "vehicle army" to use against the cops. Will Martin goes undercover to stop this, and he succeeds.
- Josh Thunder, almost a year after his mission in the jungle, is the leader of an Antarctic exploratory team.
- However, the team come across a temporarily-abandoned US government building, where Josh discovers files relating to MKOFTEN, MKULTRA, and the Dark Guardians. However, the team is forced to leave when military forces detect presences inside the facility and raid the building.
- Mark Hill (D) is elected as the 45th President-elect of the United States.
- Supposed leads to the famed treasure of pirate Jack Edwards are discovered, and Johnny Thunder teams up with Will Martin in Lego City, (based on a tip from Johnny's friend, Harry Cane) and the duo find the treasure under Albatross Island.